The version numbers of these drivers are unrelated to the version
numbers of Linux kernels. Just use the latest aoe6 driver with your
3.x or 2.6 Linux kernel, or the latest aoe4 driver with your 2.4 Linux
- ATA over Ethernet (AoE) Linux driver for all 3.x and 2.6 kernels
- aoe6-85.tar.gz aoe6 Changelog
- EtherDrive storage HOWTO for 2.6 and 3.x kernels
Experimental patches are published on The aoe Proving Grounds blog.
The ATA over Ethernet Tools
Starting with version 11, the aoe driver for 3.x and 2.6 Linux kernels includes
the aoetools. If you are using a driver downloaded from the above link,
you should use the aoetools that come with that driver instead of
getting them from sourceforge.
you can find several programs that are useful to AoE users.
Tips for Specific Distributions
Contributions and Examples
AoE users have contributed scripts to help out others. Check The Contributions Page for items submitted by AoE
There are also some advanced examples developed here at
Coraid for you to draw from.
- ATA over Ethernet (AoE) Linux driver for 2.4 kernels, 2.4.20 and newer
- EtherDrive storage blade HOWTO for 2.4 kernels
- (very old) ATA over Ethernet (AoE) Linux driver for 2.6.x kernels
- (very old) ATA over Ethernet (AoE) Linux driver for 2.4.x kernels